Answered

Trouble Syncing with Server

russellshaffer 10 years ago updated by Ezra Weinstein (Administrator) 10 years ago 5
Is anyone on this forum having trouble syncing with the server when they interact with their app? My app DOES sync, but it takes a REALLY long time. 52 minutes this morning. Then there were a lot of problems with the app that didn't exist when I was using IB3. This incredibly long process makes it extremely tedious and difficult to work on my app in IB4.

Any ideas to streamline this process?

Answer

Answer
Under review
Have you tried just a single page app to see if there isn't a communication issue going on with our server?
I haven't been able to load mine since the latest update and was having problems with the earlier version as well. 
Answer
Under review
Have you tried just a single page app to see if there isn't a communication issue going on with our server?
Loading a single page works much better, but it still takes a minute or two. I know it's only a minute or two, but that's a minute or two longer than it took in IB3.

Now, when I share the app with myself so I can test it out on my iPad, it only lets me share the most recent page that I interacted with. And when I try to re-share it with myself (hoping to see a different page), the website says I'm already sharing the app with myself and won't let me re-share it.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
It only takes that time when it needs to load new assets, otherwise it should be pretty quick.  In our experience and opinion the benefits of the new engine far outweigh the old method of running locally.  In a future update we may have a way to run local using the new engine, we are investigating those options.

To test your app on the iPad, simply login into the InteractPlayer as the same user as you logged in on the Builder.  You no longer have to share the app.  Simply log into the InteractPlayer site and click on the icon to run the app.

As far as testing multiple pages, make sure when you click Interact, you choose the ALL PAGES option.

For more detail see the user guide here:
http://help.interactbuilder.com/m/16264/l/164228-how-to-preview-an-app