Not a bug

ToggleAudio

Ranco 11 years ago updated by Ezra Weinstein (Administrator) 10 years ago 7

ToggleAudio  doesn't work, unless I use it incorrectly:

I have a little microphone button in every page, which when clicked hides itself and shows a mic with cross ("no audio"). This one does the same. Both buttons initiate "ToggleAudio" behavior. But that doesn't do the trick.

Ranco

Answer

Answer
Not a bug

I've attached a small app with how the ToggleAudio behavior works. On first page I have two elements both with toggle audio behavior, and on the second page I have a text element with a PlayAudio on Page Load.

204 - ToggleAudio.zip

It was on, now it's off (no refresh on load), no change. Doesn't work.

And anyway, why should that affect this behavior?

RAnco

Well for example if you select the sound to be Off and the page refresh itself every time the sound will be on because you refreshed the page and the audio will go to default which mean On

Under review

Make sure the Page doesn't have checked Refresh on Load

Under review

I've attached a small app with how the ToggleAudio behavior works. On first page I have two elements both with toggle audio behavior, and on the second page I have a text element with a PlayAudio on Page Load.

204 - ToggleAudio.zip

Not a bug

204 - ToggleAudio.zip

Well, thanks, but I beg to differ. Maybe my interpretation for this behavior was different - I would expect that if I toggle audio while audio is playing, it will stop (e.g., pause all audio or set volume to 0), and vice versa - if I toggle again, it will continue either from where it stopped (if paused) or restore volume to prev / max.

Otherwise, there's no way to allow the user to quite the audio per page, which is what I'm trying to do.

You can get this action with Pause Audio

For that I need two things:

1. That pause with no target will simply pause all 

2. That playAudio will do the same, or pause will toggle

Why? Because I want these two buttons (audio on/off) to be global, instead of duplicate them with different parameters for each page

Thanks

This is an interesting idea. We'll look into adjusting the audio behaviors (like PlayAudio and PauseAudio) to add the option of targeting all of the audio on the page.

(ToggleAudio works a little differently -- it's meant as a way for the user to select from the beginning whether or not the audio that is designated as narration should play on all of the pages of the app. In a lot of children's book apps, there's a set of buttons that let the user choose "read to me" or "read by myself," and if the narration is turned off, there still could be sound effects and music unless the user turns off the audio on the device.)

Planned

204 - ToggleAudio.zip

Answer
Not a bug

204 - ToggleAudio.zip

Any change in that direction? Can this be added to future version? it will make audio control much easier throughout the book

Thanks

Ranco